Friday, November 16, 2007

An Open Letter to A.A.

(Not Alcoholics Annoyomus)

Dear Ambrosia,

You recently made you blog private. While I respect your wish to keep your daily life and happenings to your friends, I would kindly ask to be included among them. While I am very lax in the comment department (in a bar situation I am a listener, a watcher, a voyer, if I may) I do check in daily to see how you are doing.

Creepy? Maybe. But your life has become a part of mine. And this is the magical power of blogging on the open plain of the Internet.

I rejoiced in you marriage. I love your tales of Bawb and the cats and the dog. I was thrilled to hear about the house. I like the recaps of the weekends with your friends and family. Even if I have never met you. And I probably never will.

There are pieces of you that remind me of myself. There are pieces of you that remind me of my sister and pieces that remind me of my friends here. Mostly, I kind of like the idea of knowing someone from their writings and personal musings.

Of course, I would understand if this humble request is denied. We don't know each other...and perhaps somethings are to personal to share with a wide audience. You will always be welcomed here. Just drop me a line to let me know how you are.

It's funny. How one can miss someone they have yet to meet. But I do.

I'll post my e-mail in the comments if you are willing to grant my request.

Most respectfully yours,

~valerie

aka: domestic_valerie