Saturday, February 10, 2007

Watch Out, It's Harvey Danger!

Business up front:

No post on Thursday because of massive homework. Yeah, time to get time management happening in my house. No walking either. Rained out.

Yesterday? Well...walked 4.43 mi in the rain to and from class. Did no walking with Maia. Again, rain. No post? Lazy, and I had my monthly waxing appointment that went kind of late then the baby needed to be coddled to bed and then I made an ambitious stir-fry dinner that, for once, didn't involve frozen vegetables. But it wasn't done until after 9 pm. Then we watched a movie. A not so good movie, but it was an actual movie. Then bed. After sleeping on the couch for a couple of hours. It was one of those nights.

*note* I like sleeping on the couch. It's comfortable for a few hours and different and I don't get to sleep there often. John kind of gets annoyed by this habit of mine, but I sleep on the couch when he's late on the computer or doing other stuff late at night that doesn't involve sleeping in the bed with me.

Anyway, the real news for this post are the events of today. Drum roll please...We Have a KITTEN!

We welcomed our newest little guy into the family this afternoon. He came to us with the name Cary Grant...but he's now known as Harvey. I love old fashioned names, especially on animals. We kind of name animals in random ways. John and I just toss names about until one sticks. This time it was Harvey. We were going over our grandfather's names. I hope my dad doesn't mind, it's his dad's name. On our side, my last boy was named after a band and so is Harvey. The Harvey Danger kitty...'cause boy's have that danger streak in them, you know?

He is as sweet as hoped for. Our rescue worker brought him over in a cat carrier and he didn't have such a good ride over. He seemed a touch out of it after he arrived, so we put him in the bathroom with his litter box to get acquainted with the most important feature in the house.

As soon as we let him out he began the hunt for love. He found it in John's lap for a moment. Then he found my hand and kept his little head butting into it. Then he discovered little Maia's outstretched hand...and Maia discovered his very fluffy tail. What could have been a bad meeting turned out just fine, Harvey kind of looked disgusted and as soon as he could be free he moved few feet out of her range. No hissing or scratching. I think we're off to a good start.

We'll have pictures posted soon at: http://foobert.com/gal/main.php

It was also the much fun pizza night over here. Brother and I made six pizzas for five people. We're all in starchy-fat comas now. Harvey is awake and well and running around...somewhere. Maia is asleep and I'm tired. Two late nights in a row do that to me...and it's looking like a third. Sigh. John and siblings cleaned the kitchen so at least that's done and there is talk of going to breakfast in the morning. Yum. And if there's no rain, we'll hit the farmer's market and get some super fresh veggies for next week's snacking pleasure.

I'm going to find that cat for a last pet session and head off to sleep. My house is full of siblings and my dear husband and our sweet little daughter and now our adorable fur ball. It's full of love and so is my heart right now.

No comments: