Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Revisited

Yesterday, being Valentine's Day, I went to Costco to buy a...water filtration system. Didn't see that one coming did ya? I had to note the kiss kiss heart day madness. It was about noon and men were streaming out by the dozens holding dozens and dozens of flowers. Mostly red roses, natch. Costco had a HUGE floral display at the front of the store so one could just grab and go. There was even a dedicated cash register for flowers only. I guess it's like this every year, but I've never had the occasion to witness it before.

Two people to make note of:

The woman behind me getting ready for what I can only assume to be a really hot date. She was purchasing a bottle of nice red wine and a bottle of Patron tequila. You go with yo bad self!

The man in the parking lot in front of the store with a big box of long stemmed roses...which he proceeded to angrily throw into the garbage can, then throw the box on the ground and stomp on it before stalking away.

Also of note: The man who came up after the roses were trashed and fished them out of the garbage. Happy Valentine's sweetie!

As for my Valentine and I? We did what we usually do. We stayed in. I made a nice romantic dinner. We had a cheese course to begin and several bite sized decadent desserts to finish. We drank a bottle of our honeymoon Riesling. We passed out on the couch from fatty-food coma. It was grand.

I hope yours was as lovely.

1 comment:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

And no interruptions from baby!?!? Perfect!