Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gentlemen, and Ladies, Place Your Bets Please

It has been decreed by g-Mom One that the little one who has no name as of yet is a boy. Actually the conversation went something like this:

(Middle of talking about something else, not baby related...)

g-Mom One: You know you're having a boy, right? Even though I'd prefer a girl, they're much more fun to dress, but boys are easier."

Me: I don't think so.

g-Mom One: You could be right, but I'm hardly ever wrong about these things.

As random as it sounds...it was actually very cute. And scary. She's right, she's hardly ever wrong about these things. Funny thing is...I'm not far enough along to even begin the battery of "old wife tale" tests to determine the sex of the baby before birth. I know that science can accurately predict these things, but where is the fun in that? Hubby and I are going for the old-fashioned surprise. Plus, we like the challenge of picking out two sets of names.

There is a point here somewhere...oh yeah...so now that the gauntlet has been thrown down, I'm ready to take bets on the sex of the baby. It's too early to look for things like, how low am I caring, or what way does the pendulum swing, and my favorite, the pee-in-bleach test (fun! and good smelling too!) but anyone who wants to weigh in may. I haven't decided on any prizes yet, and as time goes by, we might have to modify the game to sex, plus birth weight and length...just so there is one clear winner. But, I'll have to get somewhat bigger before y'all can speculate on that.

Have fun and happy betting! Remember, only the bean knows for sure.

1 comment:

domestic_valerie said...

Miss Moo...it's my mom. Have you met her? Ask Maria...she can filll in the details of my woo-woo mother. :)