Sunday, November 1, 2009

November First--A Month of Thansgiving

Today marks the beginning of NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month. An exercise to get into the habit of blogging, a habit I have never really formed. I was never good at journaling in general...

In any case, I am going to give NaBloPoMo another shot. I tried it two years ago and almost made it. This year I am giving myself a theme and an easy way to accomplish my goal. I am going to find an instance everyday I am thankful for and write it down. This way I am going to have a month filled with gratitude, perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, and I hope to give my own head a positive push as we all head into the busy and often stressful greater holiday season (read: Christmas).

Today I am excited that I have reached my weight loss goal. I officially weighed in at 144.6 pounds yesterday at my meeting, a loss of over 55 pounds from when I started in January. It took me 39 recorded weeks--there might have been a week I missed while on vacation--to get here. Not bad at all. I'm excited to be in the maintenence phase and I am going to stay here for the duration. I feel great and I get such a thrill picking up a pair jeans and thinking, wait, these are way to small for me! And then realizing that those jeans are indeed mine.

Now, I just need to keep out of Maia's Halloween bucket!

1 comment:

John said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! I have to say, you're looking better than ever ;)