Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Friends

Today is a big does of gratitude. One I feel I fail at mentioning in the moment and am figuring out ways I can express better. I am so very grateful for my friends.

The girls and I have been branching out and just about every week we have an adventure with our "pre-school friends". This is a group of women I'm fairly new to although I feel very welcomed by. They include my amazing childhood friend and her children who I am also very grateful for reconnecting with...but I digress. Most of our group have at least two children (so Stella and Elsie get some peer time too) but they all are always willing to lend me a hand with my (sometimes) special challenges.

There was the time when my double stroller wouldn't fit through the bike path gates and everyone just grabbed a baby while I pulled it through. And the times swimming when someone would hold a dripping child while I wrangled two more out of the pool. Or lunches where food is passed around. Or at the Children's Museum where I got to spend a quiet half hour playing with Stella and Elsie while Maia got to play with her friends elsewhere. Or today where Maia was watched by another mom while I held Stella and Elise on the carousel...and when Stella and Elsie were watched in the stroller while I took Maia for another ride...and again where Maia was watched on the ride while I stayed with Stella and Elise (yes, there were three carousel rides today)

I love the fact that I have so many friends willing to lend me hand. It makes going out and doing a possibility in my life. And if we weren't able to go out and play we'd all be driven stir crazy in no time flat.

Thank you, to all my friends. I love your companionship, your children, your views on life, your conversation, your ideas and your sometimes spare hands. Thank you for making all of our days that much brighter.

No comments: