Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Random Thoughts on a Sunny Day

Today as I walked from class to the English Society Tea I passed the following happenings:

International Student Fair--Complete with food booths ranging from fresh crepes to shish-ke-bob and a stage where Muslim rappers were performing.

Student Protest--They staged a walkout and picket line to protest fee hikes across the Cal Sate system.

Science 2 BBQ--I'm not sure who the Science 2 students are...but the BBQ sure smelled good.

I also got flashed from across the street while waiting for my train home by a woman who just didn't understand how short her skirt was as she sat, knees open, at the bus stop. That was before she dropped her cell phone and did some weird contortionist moves to pick it up from behind her seat. That gave me a view I can only describe in terms of my birth class. She was ready for the side laying one leg up pushing position...but I'm not her OB/GYN.

In other news, the shirts were off everywhere as the pasty skinned begin to work on their summer tans! It's about 77 F outside and sunny as can be. The first thing I did when I got home was to flip on the fan and trade my t-shirt for a tank top. Yikes, I hate being sweaty. I should get used to it, it's not going to get any better any time soon.

My cold has been replaced with the discomfort of allergy nose...dry then runny...and itchy eyes and a sore throat. I'll ask the doc tomorrow if there's anything I can take for it. On the "plus" side, my sense of smell has climbed up again to the level it was when I first got pregnant. It had been dormant for a while. Today in class I was so grossed out by the smell of my classmates bad coffee. Ick. It could get ugly as everyone gets sweaty.


All in all, so far, not a bad day. Even with the creeping allergies. I hope the sun decides to stick around. Things are much more appealing that way.

No comments: