Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So Begins our Summer Adventure

And he's OFF! John took off for his motorcycle trip this afternoon...later than he'd hoped but ready, I hope, to have a grand adventure with his dad.

I'm here with the girls ready to: clean, pack, sleep, swim, play with friends, and take off to the Great Pacific Northwest on Sunday! Woo-hoo!

My obligations have been taken care of so now it's house prep and trip prep. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. It will be surreal to travel with my girls and not my husband. But it will be empowering as well, if we survive! (and of course we will)

I've got my route mapped and my hotel booked, with the (by now) obligitory "You're a busy mom" comment from the booking agent. I guess they get few requests for a room for one adult and three small children.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

ambrosia ananas said...

Hope you have a good trip!