Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You've Waited so Long forThis...

Yes folks, I ran into the older brother of the infamous Boom Box Girl (check the October 05 archives as I don't know how to link ya'll there from here) from San Jose State. I was waiting at the Santa Clara Light Rail station...note: En-route to this very station yesterday the following conversation between two grad student-looking guys was overheard by yours truly-"Yeah, Santa Clara is closer to where I'm going, but I won't get off there, it's just so, you know, ghetto." It is a bit downtown if you know what I mean, but geeez, I don't have any problems walking to campus from there, and I'm six and a half months pregnant. Get a grip guys, your college is the middle of a freakin' city....where was I?

Right, waiting at the light rail station when the sound of really loud Latin pop music began to drown out the construction noise. Not a small feat, the construction is involving jack hammers right now. And yet, the Latin pop music was winning the battle of the airwaves. I had to look to see who could be making such a distinct impression upon my day. Who should appear but a very large Latino man in full leather biker gear riding a very big very, very, very, yellow (think Tweety bird yellow) three-wheeled motorcycle. The entire back side of the motorcycle over the two back wheels was one large casing for speakers. His head was well below the speaker line, making the perfect rolling sound stage. He cruised around the block at least two times before my train got there. You go biker man.

Other than that, I have a cold and am beginning to feel pretty miserable. Which figures, because Spring Break is next week. I have at least two papers to write, and if I was a good girl, I'd get four done, plus small writings I'm behind on. As it is, I hope to feel better and sew more baby stuff. I ordered rings today to make myself a simple sling carrier. If I get wacky, I may try to make a padded pouch carrier as well. Go mama.

And this is what I've made you all wait so long to read about. Ha. I love blogging.

No comments: