Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring Break! Woo-Hoo?

I woke up this morning, well, it was about three AM when this realization hit me, to the fact that the sniffles I have been fighting have turned into a full-blown cold. It was bound to happen sometime. I got the kind of achy-almost sick thing back in December, but nothing came of it. Spring is usually worse for me. There are so many more hacking and coughing students packed into too hot rooms with too cold temperatures outside for it to not happen. So, here I am on the cusp of Spring Break (one week...no classes...three papers and catch up work to do...) hacking away with the stuffed up runny nose. Great. I check the "What to Expect..." pregnancy Bible and yes, what I have is progressing as a normal cold. What I can do about it? Sleep, eat healthy, drink extra fluids (I'm already drinking at least 64 oz a day!) and have some chicken soup. If it doesn't clear up within the week, call the doctor for more suggestions. Thanks.

But, it is the Friday before Spring Break...the last day of classes for me and I didn't want to ditch out (again) on yoga. So...I made poor John rush through his morning, I hustled out the door and scrambled to the gym only to find the class locked out of the yoga room. After about five minutes of waiting the PE admin announced that class was canceled. This must be some kind of Karmic payback for missing class when I really wasn't sick...just lazy.

Two hours to kill before astronomy.

Astronomy was fine...except for the sniffling and coughing on my part. Not the best frame of mind to learn about HII clouds and H2 molecules and that space is not empty. It's like the ocean...only the water that fills everything in at different temperatures and pressures is this gas and dust stuff...Inter-Stellar Matter...yes, very interesting stuff.

In any case, I'm home now and happy to be here. I need to run the dishes from last nights dinner with Miss V. That was so much fun! We hadn't had a good catch-up chat since December. She brought a divine ruhbabrd tart from the restaurant where she works...super yum. I made sea food paella and brought out the last bottle of Spanish wine. John and Miss V enjoyed that..although I admit to having half a glass with dinner...it was the last bottle! Dinners are always nice, I only wish I was feeling better.

I plan on taking the weekend slow. I already canceled some tentative plans I had with my Mom...which is sad...but my goal tomorrow is to sleep in and rest and run some small errands with John. Then sleep some more. I know, the exciting life I lead, but in the end it will make me feel a whole bunch better. So I can tackle all those papers next week.

No comments: