Thursday, January 12, 2006

Moon Baby Dreams

Last night I had a series of strange dreams, most of which centered around sushi. At first, I was hosting a party with a bunch of people I haven't seen in ages, and decided that sushi would make the evening complete. So off I and another friend went to pick up some platters. I was checking off my order in the car on the way over...spider rolls, cucumber rolls, California rolls, shrimp tempura rolls...even in my sleep I know I can't eat the raw stuff! Somehow from there my dream morphed into another one...one where I worked in a sushi restaurant and my sole table was an older couple from the mid-west experiencing sushi for the first time. It was my job to make sure they ordered right. They were there for my entire lunch shift, and left me a $24 tip...which I thought was great, but it was the only money I made that day.

I'm blaming both the moon and the baby for those dreams. The moon was so bright it hurt my eyes last night. I felt like a reverse vampire.

On another note...do I have a lunch date set for the near future, and if so, can we eat sushi? Really, I think I must be craving it big time.

1 comment:

domestic_valerie said...

sushi...sushi...suhsi...last night I dreamed of a Japanese liquor store. I was looking for cheap sake.