Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

The following exchanges were overheard at the park this afternoon.

Father (of ~3yo girl): Where's Kate?
Grandfather (of same): I thought she was with you.
Father: No. She didn't come with me.
Grandfather: She said she wanted to go with you...

Now very concerned looking around the playground. And then they head off in the oppsite direction of where Father had just come from.

Me: I saw her go (points while feeding infant daughters) that way, after you.

Father and Grandfather turn in correct direction and find said child happily playing at the adjoining play area. Whew!

(Different) Father (watching two children in the enclosed play area): They're going in different directions! I need backup!!

This was directed to Mother and Friend who were chatting five feet away from the play structure.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

2 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Every time I check to see if you've updated, this post makes me laugh.

domestic_valerie said...

I couldn't hardly keep a straight face myself. And I do need to post more often. ;)