Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Shout-Out to my Husband

I've had a rough, irrational, emotional day. The stress of end of semester is upon me and homework plus projects keep piling up. In this mode I've been crying off and on all day, disagreeing with everything, unmotivated and a general grumpy pain in the butt. And my husband still loves me.

This is only a short list of the ways in which he shows me that this is true:

He made us breakfast. Yummy fried mashed potato cakes with cheese and green onion. Heavenly.

He sanded the new dining room table.

He's working (right at this moment) on getting our finances straightened out on the Mac version of Quicken so that I can log in and check our balances, pay bills and just be involved in where our money is going.

He shares his plate with me when we go out to eat.

He never yells or loses patience with me when I get grumpy like this. Instead he gives me extra kisses and makes me smile in spite of myself.

He doesn't yell at me, period.

He downloads "Desperate Housewives" every Sunday night so that we can keep current on the season.

He cooked dinner tonight, Cuban chicken and coconut rice, so that I could finish some homework. (Without my even asking...he just did it 'cause he's that kind of guy.)

He doesn't complain when I don't get the housework done.

He vacuums. On a regular basis. Underneath the furniture, too.

He always has a smile for me.

He takes care of my car. He spent a Saturday replacing the brakes. He changes my oil. He only sometimes rolls his eyeballs at the mess I leave in there. (I'm getting better!)

He's going to cook dinner for me for my birthday.

He always kisses me goodnight and has a snuggle for me as well. He never lets me get cold at night and he doesn't mind if I sometimes snore.

His hugs when he comes home from work make my day.

He went to Whole Foods in his pj's, tonight, just to get me carrot cake. Because I wanted some. Even after I've been grumpy all day.

I only have to remember how blessed I am to have such a partner in my life when I feel blue. I know this stress will pass and I'll feel fine again soon...and I know that everything in my life is just easier because my husband is just perfect for me.

Thanks hon. *smooch*

No comments: