Thursday, September 15, 2005

Kind of Creepy...

I decided to be counter-culture today. Counter for SJSU, anyway. I should preface this by stating that I have an intense dislike for flip-flops. It all began way back in San Diego. I thought I had left them in that den of Cali casual, but no. They are everywhere, ruining my wonderful sense of 'Fall'. Not to mention my sensibilities. I understand that flip-flops have their place...Saturday morning run to the grocery store or even, *gasp* at the beach. But I don't want to always be looking at the feet of my fellow students. Which brings me to my little rebellion.

In an effort to act like a college student and run against the grain of society, I wore my big bad-ass paratrooper boots to school today. Oh yeah. Laces over the calf, just under the knee. Rounded point toes. Heavy black leather. Tough, don't-mess-with-me boots. Under a lovely flowing linen peasant skirt that goes just below the knees. And a clingy black top. The perfect combination of "militant" and "feminine".

I was all over it on campus today. Clomping around in a graceful way...skirt flowing boots stomping. I got noticed in the English department. They all knew they were dealing with an anti-flip-flop revolutionary. I was hot.

I only wish the construction crew working right outside my door hadn't been so interested in me when I got home this afternoon.

1 comment:

t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a. said...

Yarrrr! Me boots go higher than yours! Bet you don't have an eyepatch, either!

Yarrr.... by the way, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day! Observe it or prepare to be boarded, you salty dog!

Yarrr!