Friday, September 30, 2005

It's here...

...and I'm ready for it. Time to be a mommy, and I am so excited!

School has been so weird this week, full of ups and downs. I had my first major test in grammar. I think I did well on some parts, and bombed others. I got a C- on a piece of homework I turned into editing. Sigh. I haven't seen a C, much less a C- since High School. Usually, if I do it, I do it well. But editing is something I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around. Go figure, I have to justify all my bullshit, remember a list of rules, apply them correctly...and check spelling! Akk! Good thing I'm not looking at doing this as my career...I'd have to figure out something different fast! On the plus side, I did very well on my first big paper in Lit Crit. A-. Technical difficulties, go figure. Oh, and spelling out 'coma' in place of 'comma'. Huge difference!

My mind hasn't really been on school though...it's baby baby baby. We've known for less than a week...and already I have so many questions...I want to know so many things. I've been making baby stuff lists, looking at Craigslist for deals, dreaming of staying home and just being mommy.

These next few months are going to fly...everyone recommends keeping a journal of some sort, so this might turn into a pregnancy journey journal...with the rest of my life thrown in. We'll see. I have to wait almost a full month before I go see my Doctor and see how things are progressing. I think we might do the first ultrasound...I think it will really sink in then. Right now it's still so new and shiny. I love it.

1 comment:

t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you. It's wierd to find out on your blog, but at least I know. Girlfriend of Y.E.L.R.A. is excited as well. We shall talk soon.