Friday, August 21, 2009

Adventure Day

I decided to blow everyone off today and take the girls for an adventure. I know, right. Packed them up and headed to The Monterey Bay Aquarium. We have passes we have under-utilized and I could tell it was just an ocean side sort of day.

Wish I had remembered to pop the camera into the bag, but I never seem to have enough hands to operate it anyway. Too bad. We had a wonderful time, despite the fact that it was "limited mobility" day and the number of wheelchairs and walkers competing for floor space with my double-wide stroller + toddler was just frightening.

Didn't do too much by way of sitting and watching fish swim by, but we did do a whole lot of water play, running, sliding, whale naming, computer playing and starfish touching. That was just Maia. Stella and Elise fish watched, open mouthed and astounded, crawled in a "kelp forest", made new friends, crawled in a baby circle, laughed and ate snacks in the stroller. I just tried to keep up. That is waaay enough for me.

The girls all behaved like the lovely ladies they are. More times like these, I might just begin to believe I'm a good mom. ;)

1 comment:

ambrosia ananas said...

How fun! That aquarium is *amazing*.