Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Moon Child

(Originally written about four months ago. Stored on my computer...found today.)


Maia likes the moon.

She has to be read "Goodnight Moon" at least seven times a day. She knows where the book is. Sometimes I hide it after the fifth reading because I'm a bed mom. But I always read it to her, twice, before bed.

She finds the moon in the sky at night. She'll track it from her car seat. She thinks street lights are "moon". Right now any light in the sky is "moon".

She finds moons all around her. She found my moon the other night, and I think that gave her a thrill. I was wearing a tank top during bath time and after bath, while I was dressing her for bed, she looks up at me and suddenly her eyes get wide and her face lights up..."Moon" she says as she points to my shoulder.

Now she looks for Mama's moon when we get dressed in the morning. Soon she'll find some stars and then everyone will know she's my daughter for sure.

(And she has. Stars. Moons. My girl.)

No comments: