Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lazy Girl

I always miss my train...by seconds, I might add...when I try and catch one from the downtown station. I have no idea why this is, but my guess is that the universe knows that I hate waiting the 15 minutes for the next train at this station. Why do I hate it so much? Well...there is no shade there and it's over 80 F out today. There is no place to sit and I'm tired. There are very smelly people all over the place. Really. Don't laugh. The street kids bother me, not personally bother me...but their presence bothers me. Too many folks hang out there and smoke. That just about covers it.

Fortune would have it that there was a train right after the one I missed...it just wasn't going where I needed to go. But, it does stop at the other station where I could comfortably sit in the shade away from smelly, smoking people. So I got on. And rode about a mile. And got off. And sat and waited for my train to arrive. I was very happy and comfortable eating my crackers in the shade.

Yes, I know that this qualifies for some kind of weirdness. I don't care. I got to sit.

No comments: