Friday, February 20, 2009

Here's to This Morning

I am wishing all my mornings were like this one...and wondering what I can do to make that happen. Right now the babies are *mostly* sleeping. Stella is fussing a bit, but she's ready to go down. Maia is fed, pottied and quietly playing in her room. Dinner is in the slow cooker. My coffee is still hot.

Life could only be more perfect if I didn't have a three foot tall pile of clean laundry that needs attention.

Other things of note: This morning Stella rolled from her belly to her back. It's not a fluke. She did it twice and she is so proud of herself. She looked up at me laughing at her with a face that said, "See Mom. I can do it myself. No tummy time for me!"

Elise is still on the fence about turning over, so more tummy time for her. But Elise is eating solid food! She had her whole portion (about a tablespoon and a half) of rice cereal and banana for breakfast this morning. Yay Elise! We'll get some meat on your bones.

Stella isn't sure about the whole solid thing...she is the bottle champ after all. But she's not completly opposed to the process so I'm sure she'll like it soon enough.

Maia is still having trouble with poop and the potty. It's the big bane of toddler hood right now. But hopefully she'll realize that the potty is a good place to go soon. Because that's I mess I don't relish.

She is loving her mini preschool and so am I. Maia is also developing an uncanny ablility to quote her favorite shows and books. A budding star of stage and screen perhaps? Or just a toddler developing her memory. Only time will tell.

That pile of laundry is calling and so is an angry babe. It's been pleasant this morning and I hope that continues. At least I've had my nice and warm coffee.

No comments: