Monday, September 24, 2007

Cute Story of the Week

Cute Maia story: (because I really should be writing these down somewhere so I can tell them to her over and over someday) Feel free to skip as the "cute baby" levels increase...

I am watching my friend's 9 month old son two days a week now. We're all adjusting to new things and it's hard first thing in the morning. Mr. M of course doesn't like to be dropped off, but he's getting better. That said, Mr. M was crying in my lap and I needed to distract him. Maia was playing in the doorway of her room and I ask her to go get a book so that we can read to Mr. M.

She hesitates before looking at me and doing the sign for book (her first time doing this) and then walks to the bookshelf, runs her fingers across the spines of her books before choosing one, and then pulls it out. Instead of bringing it to me to read, she plops down and "reads" the book to herself in baby babble.

She then chooses another book out from her shelf and brings it over to Mr. M and I and reads the book to us. Again in baby babble.

I love this kid, I really, really do.

No comments: